Don’t replace it. Repair it. Save money and extend the life of your tyres with a Beaurepaires Puncture Repair.
Punctures in your tyre should be fixed immediately. Even a small hole can lead to a dangerous blowout at high speeds. But not all damage requires a complete tyre replacement. Punctures can safely be repaired by a qualified Beaurepaires technician to get you back on the road fast.
How does a Beaurepaires Puncture Repair work?
- Drop in to your nearest Beaurepaires store
- Our qualified technicians will remove the tyre from the wheel to assess the damage and determine if the tyre needs to be repaired or replaced
- If the damaged tyre can be repaired safely, we’ll mend the puncture, refit the tyre and balance your wheels
When can a tyre be repaired?
A tyre is repairable if:
- It has been punctured by a small object, such as a nail or screw
- The puncture is less than 5mm in diameter
- The puncture is in a central portion of the tread
- Your technician has confirmed it can be repaired safely
When can a tyre not be repaired?
It’s not always safe to repair a damaged tyre. That’s why it’s important to always have a qualified technician assess the damage. Tyres need to be fully removed from the wheel for a thorough inspection.
Some types and brands of tyres can’t be repaired at all and will need to be replaced immediately if they’re punctured.
Damage that can’t be repaired includes:
- Deep punctures larger than 55mm
- Punctures in or circular wear on the tyre’s sidewall
- Internal damage to the tyre, such as deformed bead wire, separation of internal layers, or creasing of the interior lining
- Deterioration of the tyre due to grease or corrosives
- Cracking of the rubber due to ageing
How to avoid punctures
While fixable, tyre punctures are a hassle and can be dangerous. To avoid getting one in the first place:
- Avoid debris on the road
- Check your tyres (including your spare tyre) and remove any small stones, glass and other sharp objects
- Make sure your tyres are properly inflated
Beaurepaires Road Hazard Warranty
Accidents happen. That’s why we offer a Road Hazard Warranty that covers tyre repairs and punctures. Find out more.
Return to Services page.